Serving as a catalyst for coordinated regional mass transit in Southeastern Michigan, this new facility is located on three acres within the City of Troy bordering Birmingham. The 2,000 square foot facility includes service for multimodal accommodations such as passenger rail, regional and inner-city bus systems, shuttle, taxi and limousine service.
Scope of work also includes construction of a pedestrian bridge and over 200’ of new platforms. The Transit Facility will strengthen the existing transit options in the area through a centralized facility that will allow users to access intercity rail service, regional bus routes and other modes such as air and taxi services. The Transit Facility is included as a hub in the Detroit Regional Mass Transit plan (DRMT).
Unique Features and Challenges:
This project presents a very unique set of challenges dealing with a variety of owner entities. Tooles Contracting Group is currently working with the City of Troy, MDOT, the Federal Railroad Administration, Amtrak and Canadian National. Every single one of these representatives has an ownership interest in the successful completion of the project.
- Access Agreements and Right of Entry Permits with adjacent landowners
- Local building, finance, licensing and construction departments
- State building and licensing agencies and State transportation departments
- ARRA Reporting Billing Requirements & Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Amtrak, Federal Railroad Administration, Host Railroads
- Third party inspectors and Federal auditors